Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Writers Block

Writers Block
By:Caleb Mark Hendricks





If asked to write a tragedy.. 
I'd speak of lost love and broken hearts
If I wanted to write of beauty...
I'd speak of poetry and art
I wanted to write a drama..
It'd weave of hope and desperation
And if I tried to write a eulogy..
It'd be in loving commiseration


But when I try to put into words
The way you light my soul afire
The very lack of words I know
Would make me out a liar


If I wanted comedic punnery...
It'd be of laughter, joy and merriment
And if I wished to speak of 
science...
I'd have the theories to experiment
If I desired a taudry romance...
I'd have steam drifting from the 
paper
And if I wished to write a cookbook...
There'd be many morsels there to savor


But when I put my pen to page 
To state the change your presence makes...
I run out of ink
And then forget my name


If I had the thought to write a horror...
Id let the darkest corners of my psyche run free
If I wished to speak of sadness
Id compose a prose of woes that'd bring a jester to his knees
I've spent years writing of the world 
And all the trials and wonders in it
I've written tales so deep and versatile 
There'd be a thousand ways to spin it


And when I try to write a line 
About the way you leave me grinnin..
I couldn't even think of how
I'd ever wonder to begin it


So as a poet though I'll have failed 
To show the depth of my 
emotions
Within these lines I hope you'll find
A heart full of love, warmth 
and devotion

No comments: