The Sacrifice of Marius Desalle
By: Caleb Mark Hendricks
I've known long that my torture is of my own design
For the fate that I have fought has chosen me to die
In all honesty of defense, I'll regail a tale
Of love and pride, tragedy and despair,
So I'll take you to a time when a soul was young
Before its exile to hell
Marius was a man of faith
His heart was pure, his soul was true,
His hands had known no mortal sin
He vowed to God to keep rightous and chaste
His heart knew only virtue
And his dedication was inspiration to many men
His love for God was unsurpassed
His duty once was strict
Despite his vow to know no womans touch
He perservered in faith and peace
For he knew his master cherished him
And his heart replied as such
So why did the sky grow dark in ire?
Why had angels wept that day..
On fire, with tears of blood
Marius, the man of faith, made treaty with darkness
For love, only for love
In blood I've come
In blood I've wept
In blood I've gone astray
But know my love
Don't go my love
For blood has bought your way
In love I cry
In love I die
In love my soul is lost
But know my pain
Is naught in pain
For love has paid the cost
Marius, dear Marius,
My friend
Has Sara caught your eye?
You've made your vows
You know your choice
Yet your heart has its own design
Her luscious lips he longed to touch
Her hair would glisten in the sun
Entrapped by her eyes he burned for truth
Yet the moment of choice long passed
Had he but known before his time
Despair of wasted youth
For years he watched in silent torment
Yet no word would pass his lips
His heart was filled with longing and desire
And as he watched, Sara blossomed true
His love for her was deep
Still he kept to quenching passions fire
In love he grew to know her soul
Her beauty was untamed
The glint in her eyes had shown his love returned
Marius, forbidden fruit, you know you cannot taste,
He calmed his heart, his soul still burned
True Love will not unlearn
In blood I've come
In blood I've wept
In blood I've gone astray
But know my love
Don't go my love
For blood has bought your way
In love I cry
In love I die
In love my soul is lost
But know my pain
Is naught in pain
For love has paid the cost
One fateful night the sky declared
As the torrents rushing down
Sara was desired to be wed
Thus she declared her unloosed love
In angry reply her suiter struck
And Sara lay in silence.. dead
In the rain the coffins came
And in the rain they mourned
Marius was nowhere to be found
And when they executed the foul villain
And hung him at the gallows
Marius would not let out a sound
For days he wept, for days he mourned
For days he cried in vain
For his master with power held life aloft
When no reply nor comfort show
Thus Marius emmersed in pain
He never once could touch that skin so soft
When no peace could be found, No touch would calm
Marius, with trembling fingers, placed candles lit in ring
A darkened mirror before him
He called upon the darkness
For an audience with its King
In blood I've come
In blood I've wept
In blood I've gone astray
But know my love
Don't go my love
For blood has bought your way
In love I die
In love I cry
In love my soul is lost
But know my pain
Is naught in pain
For love has paid the cost
Some things a man should never know
And the living aren't meant to see
Marius traversed the depths of hell
Consumed by the smell of burning flesh
Tortured screams of the damned
His only comfort in reciting True Love's spell
The demons laughed, the imps would taunt
The fiery spit in hate
The ash and blood would crackle 'neath his feet
Tortured souls would cry for release
As he watched them burn and bleed
And his nails turned white and brittle in the heat
Never has man known the horror
That the damned were meant to bear
Never has a man dared to face
And as the fire scorched his flesh
And his face was washed in pain
He knew that he had to take her place
The minion scoffed and led the way
Through the dark and desolate realm
To the proud and seething Palace of the Old
And as the doors opened before him
Fiends bowed in homage to their god
He knew that it was time to make request what must be sold
In blood I've come
In blood I've wept
In blood I've gone astray
But know my love
Don't go my love
For blood has bought your way
In love I die
In love I cry
In love my soul is lost
But know my pain
Is naught in pain
For love has paid the cost
Once many splendered, bejeweled and proud
The dark lord dismissed with wave of hand
The fiend in charge of Marius' steed
In horn'd glory the devil smiled
Offered him a seat
"What reason you have bidden I will heed"
Trembling, Marius made known his desperate plea
"You may take my soul, you may take my life
You make take my dying breath
And in return
What God has spurned
Bring my Sara back from death"
The voice boomed in laughter
"Very well, I'll give you your request
Allow them one more moment to say goodbye"
And as he touched her lips
Kissed tears away
Marius held Sara close and cried
How Sara wept when they were parted
She made her vows of love
And asked him not to stay
And with his tears on her cheeks
And his blood on her hands
With his last breath she heard him say
"In blood I've come
In blood I've wept
In blood I"ve gone astray
But know my love
Don't go my love
For blood has bought your way"
"In Love I die
In Love I cry
In Love my soul is lost
But know my pain..
Is naught in vain
For Love has paid the cost."
No comments:
Post a Comment