Papa don't preach, Mama don't dance
Did your heart stop again?
Turn it on and off again..
What would you breath if you believed that love was oxygen?
Shipwrecked and lost again
A sea of greed and collagen
Would you grow gills and swim
... or grow some legs and walk again
I once heard you say that you should always love your neighbor
Call me crazy, I could never hate my daughter just to save her
Its so much safer just to sit and read the Sunday paper
Than take the blame for all the pain and all the shame you gave her
I'll help her hold her cross
Help him pick up the pieces
I'll show them love
I'll show them grace
And you can show them Jesus...
So you can have your God
If your god doesn't need us
And we'll just walk away and say that it was love that freed us
You say that's blasphemous
It's what you ask from us
What you get when you persist to spit and scratch at us
You're nicer when you cuss
Throw in that aster*sk
But in the end our only sin is that you clash with us
I hear you talk as if we herald your apocalypse
But the only cause of it will be your war and politics
I grew up just like you did
Sat in the pews and hooted
Not once in all that music
Did Christ call someone queer or useless
Threw things and scream like you did
The man who forgave Judas...
Wouldn't stoop to all that rudeness
If love is what you're speaking
Then practice what you're preaching
The God that I adore stood for more than you're perceiving
He kept the stones from casting
Spoke of a love more lasting
Not once in all your bashing
Did you speak of his compassion
He said to love each other
Be kind to one another
Be it a stranger..
Mother.. sister.. father.. daughter.. son or brother
And when you reach that other
And greet the King with clash and thunder
Will you be judged by your own actions...
Or how you judged the acts of others?
No comments:
Post a Comment