Sunday, November 13, 2011

Whisper In The Willows



Whisper of the Willows 
By:Caleb Mark Hendricks


Sunlight drifted amidst the trees
Casting rays of illumination through darkened leaves
Dawn is breaking and the forest awakening
Gives life to the sleeping world beneath
She opens her eyes, she stretches and sighs
Thus awakens my love so fair
She lies upon a bed of honeysuckle and rose
A beauty too deep for the world to hold
Adorned with the morning dew and flowers in her hair
I was traveling, now lost
My heart paid the cost
When I came upon her, my soul was snared
She was truth, inspiration
She was my hearts illumination
Her presence left no precedence
With which to compare
Unable to speak, her eyes had me seized 
As she pressed her hand against my chest
In her eyes were the twilight skies
And my heart stopped within my breast
Without words to hinder, we both surrendered
To the current within and our secret sin
That would put my soul to rest
Two days passed and love never surpassed
Our passion was complete
Neath a canopy of stars
The world was ours
And my heart was at her feet
One night I awoke
From a reverie broke
To the sound of a maidens scream
I looked to my side 
Where I had left my bride
And found only the remains of a dream
I searched through the darkness
Longing for her touch, her kiss
Stumbling in tears I couldn’t tame
For days in a daze I scoured the maze
Of the forest calling her name
Since that time many seasons passed
And if you come this way some townsfolk say
Take care that you keep on the path
In the corner of your eye, you may see my bride
You may even hear her mournful cries
If you follow in vain
The only thing you’ll find is pain
Till the day once again we unite.

No comments: