Underdog
I'm workin two jobs and I've got two on the side
Still it sometimes feels like I just scrape to get by
Won't understate that's no mistake
There's duck tape patchin my ride
But never hate, my life is great
You make your fate and this one's mine
So a little bit of lack of sleep has never broken my stride
There'll be a chance for all that dreamin when I'm done with my time
I'm working on a future and my outlook is fine
And when its finished I know I'm winnin when I'm crossin that line
You never do it for the money, that happens in its own fashion
You do it for the art, its for the heart, its for the passion
What you paid for's only paper when the time comes to cash in
If you want to make it happen, you dismiss those distractions
Never been able to ignore it when my brain is in action
It's like when I write I'm giving birth and I can feel the contractions
So when you listen to my missive I know you'll find satisfaction
When it comes to puttin words together I'd like to think I'm a craftsman
Never doubt that I'm not shrouded in a cloud of outright mystery
But let me share a bit of history
Of how I came to be the me I be
And how it came to be my destiny
To weave my speach so deftfully
I wasn't born with golden wings
I climbed each rung and hung there desperately
Like a garfield on your windshield screen
Noone said it would be easy but nothing comes without its penance
All those nights I sat up spinnin, trying to find that perfect sentence
Wishin I had some water and my brain was like a gremlin
Sometimes it's like an exercise, your left in sweat and tremblin
They say a fighter loses fight, and a viper loses venom
But this writer won't lose his appetite and I'm comin with a vengeance
No comments:
Post a Comment