Thursday, October 17, 2019

Just One More Check

Just One More Check

Just one more check...
And we'll be caught up with our car payment yet
It may be a bit late
.... like the 168th day..
But if we just get it paid
Maybe we can make it long enough to get our tags put in place

Just one more check...
And we can fix that hole in the deck
The one the size of our daughters head
Just don't you trip and forget
Cause if you get hurt again
I'll have to take you to the vet
... pretend that you were my pet
And they might confiscate our collar and chain...

Just one more check...
I might even get that abscessed tooth checked
Its freakin swole out my head
I'm poppin asprin like pez
The infection won't spread
If I can make one more check

Just one more check...
Think of all the shit we can get
Finally put some food in the fridge
We'll make it inch by inch

As long as we get a check

....As long as I don't get in a wreck
Get arrested or get sick
Lose my job or get hit
From some random stray bullet
Shot by some political twit
Who bought a gun and went tits
Cause they cut his vet benefits...
But if I can handle my shit..

If we can make it past all that junk
We won't lose our apartment
.... … at least not this month
If we can make it that long
We can keep calm and carry on..
Til we wait again with baited breath
Just prayin for one more fuckin check.

No comments: